Thursday, April 24, 2014

Socks

The father's chocolate socks were completed in time for an Easter delivery, just as well too otherwise I would have been heading out there empty handed, as there were no Easter chocolates left in my local stores on Saturday.
This pair not only fit comfortably but were easy for him to put on and off.


They really are both the same length.
Elementary Watson design by Sherry Menton in Moda Vera Noir colourway coffee mix.
Good Friday I cast on an Elephant sock as previously mentioned 
Water for the Elephants design by Rose Hiver in Bendigo Woollen Mills luxury 4 ply Lake and Lotus colourways.

and on Easter Monday holiday I cast off the first sock. I was presently surprised to find that these are in my size so I will have the pleasure of keeping the Elephant socks for me. Sure I have it on the wrong foot as I just couldn't figure out how to take a photo of the outside of my own leg? Challenged I know.

Hope your week has been a good one with plenty of time to play in your creative space.
Another long weekend here this week with more knitting hours and maybe a couple of finishes.

Make this a creative weekend whether it is a long one or not.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

your elephant sock is so fun...
Hugz

Christine M said...

How cute are those elephant socks!

Jindi's Cottage said...

There were no Easter chocs left in the shops here either...apparently it was buy them two weeks before or miss out!...nice chocolate socks, at least that is chocolate that is calorie free, won't melt and lasts for ages...fun elephant, a selfie of the outside of your foot would involve a bit of contortion, wrong foot much easier...

Jodie said...

Wow ! you know, I think all knitting is kind of magical but tell me, surely those elephant socks are an insane degree of difficulty? 10 out of 10 on the difficult scale?

marina said...

love your elephant sock! your are the queen of sock making...

Katherine said...

Socks look gorgeous! I am going to have a go at some colour work socks and make more lace ones this year too. Love the chocolate ones. Just did an update on my sad lonely little blog too lol.

Wendy said...

Lovely socks, the elephant is so cute!!

Shay said...

Lovely warm socks for our wintery weather. If it ever arrives. I cant believe we are having 30 C here today!

It was pretty slim picking s here too on Easter Saturday. That'll teach me to be a little more organized next year...