Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Odd Socks

So these are the socks I've knit in the last three weeks.
Four socks that don't match.

Four different socks - and while you can't really see the burgundy one it is finished

Now I'm working on making them partners.

Blue Lithuanian colourwork sock and Purple Hiya Hiya Great Wall 11 sock


The second blue sock is at the toe and will be finished shortly. 
There is another purple sock on the needles that will match the one finished earlier this week. The pattern knits up quick even though I upsized it for my big feet. I'm looking forward to having a new pair of socks soon.

All the knitting that has been going on this past week has left little time for reading but I did listen to a complete Audiobook - 'The House of Memories' by Monica McInerney is an entertaining novel about family relationships and the individuals who make up the family unit. 

Joining those yarning along this week where you will find lots of woolly goodness.

May there be sunshine in your creative space this week.

7 comments:

steph said...

oh!! I did your purple traveling stitch sock--in grey (of course!!!) I'll often do what you're doing....knit several onesies, then catch up the pairs. Sometimes it's just HARD to make the same thing twice in a row! Not sure I've ever had 4 waiting partners, though!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, your socks are gorgeous!
x
Natalie
Marigolds' Loft

Christine N said...

Love that color work! My first sock endeavor had color work... I knit it a hair too tight so I decided to keep them for myself.

Shay said...

I think you should start making gifts of odd socks ! There is a whole day fundraiser dedicated to odd socks and these would be the coolest odd socks ever.

marina said...

a lovely collection there, enjoy making their partners.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Noice collection you've got going...I suppose the matchy matchy thing could catch on so probably useful to have two of each...

Lisa said...

Such happy little socks they will be once they each have a mate. :)