Sunday, November 18, 2012

Inspired by Simple Pleasures...

Saturday I joined a group of lovely ladies at Mill Rose Cottage for a stitching good time.
Lovely setting, Lovely fabric and delicious food, adds up to a perfect Saturday.
The optional swap was a little something made from an Anni Downs design.
I chose three designs from her book 'Simple Pleasures'.
Stitched with DMC Red/Pink thread and arranged as a long narrow hanging, perfect for a little space.




Flower Tree

Flower basket

Home


I did finish something see!
(I secretly wished to get my own project back)
The other projects were beautiful too, and I got something gorgeous that I would not make myself. I'll get a photo and show you soon.

I managed to get some sewing and shopping done too.

A Beautiful day all round.
Thanks to Melody for coordinating all this fun.
Wishing you all a wonderful week.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was so nice to meet you Tracy,i had the best day with the best bunch of ladies and i am looking forward to our next meeting,i love the wall hanging you made for the swap and i loved seeing your green crochet box in the flesh so to speak.What a wonderful day.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

You lucky girls. So glad you had a great time. Lovely wall hanging.

Maria said...

I agree with Michelle, you are sew lucky to meet up with your bloggy friends.
Love the little stitchery wall hanging.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

It was lovely to meet you Tracy. It was certainly a fantastic day with a lovely bunch of ladies your wall hanging was gorgeous. See you at the next one.

Fiona said...

sounds like you had such a fun day.... and I just love what you made.. someone was very lucky...
Hugz

marina said...

your hanging is gorgeous and those stitches were so delicate and fine.
your crocheted box was great too. Love the little lid.

Shay said...

I cant believe how beautiful your embroidery is .Lovely! I bet the person who received that piece of amazing-ness was thrilled!

Christine M said...

Your Anni Downs hanger was just gorgeous Tracey. I secretly wanted to get my one back too!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So you were one of those mad ladies as well......looks like you all had a ball...Love your "Anni" gift..

Chookyblue...... said...

love the wall hanging great idea........

Wendy said...

Love the wallhanging you made, red and white is always so beautiful!

Katherine said...

Beautifully stitched too. I don't think I would have wanted to part from it either. Perhaps you will have to make another just for you.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Sorry I missed the blog met, maybe next time...your hanging is so nice no wonder you wanted to keep it, lucky person who "won" your project.