Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ripples and stitching

I got distracted while at home on my extra long weekend and I did some stitching..

This is from the new pattern which I purchased on Friday last,

and so is this one.

Some words that appealed to me - I stitched them up to remind me it is time to get started on Christmas gifts.

The two following are part of a free pattern available over at Red Brolly, she has lots of free patterns available over there.

I love how the little snowman is all prepared with his umbrella - there has been a lot of rain around lately.

Of course all this staying at home and stitching has meant that the ripple has progressed very slowly, but I am getting back on track now with a couple of days at work before the weekend.

I did finish my other book too, so I got to start a new one. I do like Nicholas Sparks' style so when I saw this one at the library I thought I would give it a go. I just started it, but I think it will be a quick read, if I can just keep my eyes open long enough.
Playing in the yarn along again - always inspiring to see what others are up to with their yarn and needles or hook.
Have a wonderful rest of the week.

13 comments:

Greer said...

Very pretty stitching!

Anonymous said...

The needle work is gorgeous!

Lee Ann said...

Beautiful stitching!

Love Nicholas Sparks...he always make me teary ;)

Barb said...

Love your stitchery!!

pinkundine said...

Your stitching is great, I love the heart pattern particularly :)

Anonymous said...

The 'Dear Santa' stitching brought a little smile to my face. Will this Nicholas Sparks book become another movie?

Karen said...

I love the stitching. I have some in the gotta get to bin in the basement - someday!

thanks for sharing

Shay said...

Lovely stitching! I've been neglecting mine of late in favour of other projects.

I saw that book at the airport recently and almost bought it because I like Nicholas Sparks too , but Janet Evanovich won me over instead.

marina said...

Lovely to see some stitching happening too.
Your snowman looks so sweet. His little red heart is gorgeous.

Crunchy Momma said...

Thank you for the inspiration, I have not stitched anything in a while. Very sweet.

Melody said...

Such cute stitcheries.

Becks said...

Such lovely stitching, I can see how it must be quite addictive. All lovely but especially the snowman :)
ll

Jindi's Cottage said...

Very productive...nice stitcheries...lovely blue...and just what do you have to explain already!...hope your explanation gets a transfer back to the nice list...