Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sew Fest continues

It sure was good to get reacquainted with the sewing machine, we've been avoiding each other lately while I have been obsessed with yarn and hook.

By Sunday afternoon I had sewn all the pieces that I cut on Friday night - they are still works in progress.

The 9 patch blocks spun out and now I have an 11 " square. I am thinking this will feature on a bag but more cutting is required and today was all about sewing.

Next I sewed up these two cute little triangle pouches - way easy.

I'm calling these two finished.

This small bag with a front zip pocket is looking very sweet but I need to decide whether it will get a shoulder strap or a short handle - currently we are at a stand off.

Lastly I stitched a lining complete with pocket for my Polka Dot bag.

Now I just need to attach it and as this is a hand project I think that is what I will work on tonight. I need to be finished for NCB this week, right Cathie?

If you're thinking I spent the entire weekend in the craft room you would be correct.
I managed to fit in some hooking as well and only left the room to make coffee and forage for food.
Hope you had a fun weekend doing what you like best.

7 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

What a perfect way to spend a weekend...and with so much productivity a weekend well spent!...nice sketchy flowers fabric...

marina said...

sounds like my kind of weekend!
Lots of loveliness there.
Your disappearing 9 patch looks great.

Barb said...

Love what you are doing over there....I thought I had a pattern for those triangle pouches, where do I find it?

Wendy said...

That quilt is looking gorgeous, great pattern. I love those triangle pouches - was it from a free pattern? I too spent the entire weekend making stuff, pure bliss!

Kathy said...

I saw you did a lot of cutting and continued your sewing into the next day. Good for you!

Cardygirl said...

Cute finishes!

Jantine said...

Smart lining! The zipp will come in handy too!
You managed to do a lot in this weekend, must feel great!