Friday, March 4, 2011

Art...

in the Community is my favourite thing this week.
The current installation is outside the community art centre and is called 'Under the Sea'.
Any and all forms of art are included within the theme.

Lets take a closer look at some of the decorated sea creatures and the boy in the boat who is wearing his crocheted scarf and hat - it has been that cool here already.

The fish and octopus are cut from ply wood then decorated -
Mr Octopus is completely covered in mosaic and playing in gorgeous crocheted coral.

This shark has been covered with plastic bottle tops.

The cute blue fish has crocheted shapes for decorations.

And this little dolphin has a gorgeous painting on him.

The poker fish is quite fun.

Go on over to the home of Favourite things Friday for a peek at some other favourites this week.
Have a fun weekend.

13 comments:

thea said...

How fun! thanks for sharing.

marina said...

I love it. I am afraid I would just have to touch all the fish and ornaments. I would be worse than a little kid.

Michelle Ridgway said...

peoples creativity simply amazes me.

Paulette said...

That is really great! Such interesting textures and objects involved, and great color!

seabreezequilts said...

Wow that's pretty cool. There should be more of this kind of stuff around.

Sara said...

Near Apsley (in South West Victoria) there's a random field next to the road with all these steel cutouts of people and animals. I love it. It's so unexpected and I think it really benefits from being out in the middle of nowhere. Art should be out in the open for people to stumble upon.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

love this - it's so amazing how different it looks when you're able to get up close!

Thanks so much for sharing -

Kate said...

Very cool! I think the octupus is my favorite.

Kirsten said...

Wow what a great work of art...such creative ideas..great..thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

I may steal some of these for my photo shoots! What a great post!
Such imaginations don't you agree?

Shay said...

That is tweleve different kinds of wonderful and nothing short of amazing.

I wish I could see it in person. I'd just stare at it for hours. (Great pictures btw Mistea) Love how it uses mixed art media - it's so visual and interesting.

Who participated in the making of it?

Thanks for linking it up to FTF!

Larri said...

Ooh! I'd just love to see all this fabulousness up close, so I could reach out and touch it. Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful favourite. You're so fortunate to have an Art Center with amazing creative displays. It's so inspiring! (The Poker Fish is my favourite).

Happy FTF! :o)

Jossie said...

This would also make a great posting for 'make me happy Monday'. I love it. So bright and all kinds of different techniques. I particularly love the orange fish covered with green lids.