Friday, August 28, 2009

Recycling...

Can you believe I have been working surrounded by all this fabric for the past two months and today is the first time I have taken any home? I know it is a bit hard to believe, but well it doesn't actually belong to me and you know I just can't take things without asking the boss now can I? What you see here is a selection of commercial quality table linen which is no longer used by the customers and has been sitting on the shelf gathering dust for what seems like must be years, there really is that much dust in some places, it makes you wonder what kind of fantasy land the previous owners were living in. Anyway, where is all this going? The boss wants to clear out these colours. There are small quantities in various sizes from serviettes up to 72 inches square. I am thinking bags, or at least lining, the light colour next to the red and white check is actually a flesh colour just right for doll bodies. The red on the left in the picture and the green at the bottom are excellent Christmas colours, trees skirts and table centres come to mind. As he left before me today he doesn't actually know I took samples home - maybe I should just make some thing and surprise him on Monday? I'll let you know whether I am successful. Enjoy the weekend where ever you are and what ever you do. Happy Crafting

1 comment:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Well, if he going to leave you alone!!! The green & red sure are just right for Christmas projects. Hey, how funny is this - the word verification is convert, isn't that just what you are planning to do with this squares, convert them into something else!