Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Indulgence

We had beautiful days over the Easter weekend so I spent time each day walking along the beach and did not get as much sewing accomplished as I planned. Of course there was a lot of Chocolate consumed so I probably should have walked even further than the beach! I did make a start on the new project and am happy with how it is coming together so far. I changed the colours to suit our environment, including the white house which my parents have always had, you're right it needs windows and a door. I have been working slowly on my cross stitch project and am very happy with the way it is coming along. The colours are quite vivid making it an easy design to work. Below is a shot of the picture so far.
The last picture is not my work but the work of a friend who visited yesterday. She took the Red Brolly block from the Australian Homespun Breast of Friends series and combined it with a teacup stitchery to make this small wall quilt. It is just beautiful and completed with some simple hand quilted hearts on the dark red borders.
Hope everyone enjoyed a safe and happy Easter and did not indulge in too much chocolate.
Happy Crafting

2 comments:

Fee said...

Looks like you have been really busy. Love the cross stitch.

Hugs - Fiona

Unknown said...

Yes busy girl . Can't wait to see the house finished .