Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Houses

Unfortunately the bushfires here have continued to dominate the news and our thoughts which makes it difficult to write anything here. I am amazed at the number of people here in Cyberspace who are making practical contributions to the bushfire effort. As previously mentioned I will be making some softies to contribute to The Toy Society effort to give to children who have been affected by this disaster. The Toy Society has already notified that donated toys have begun to be distributed. I had a wander around my neighbourhood today and chose a spot to leave Betsy Bear from the last post who is to be a Valentines day Toy Society drop. I will be out early on Saturday morning to drop her off, then I am going to join some others sewing bags for another project organised for the children affected by the bushfire disaster. I have been practicing making Happy House blocks and that has cheered me no end. Not only have I been using some bright cheery fabrics, but I also managed to clear a couple of the places where scraps had been stored, amazing how they end up in all kinds of nooks and crannies. So now I have begun the process of making Happy Houses I am thinking there may just be a few more than is required for the swap. I should get some photos when I put the borders on to make them wonky. Happy Crafting

1 comment:

Lurline said...

Congrats on your contribution to the bushfires cause - have fun building little houses!
Hugs - Lurline♥